We make decisions about:
- compliance with the Building Act 1975
- compliance with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991
- defective work complaints
- home warranty insurance
- licensing including granting, suspending or cancelling of licences
- internal reviews of QBCC decisions
- matters relating to applications under the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) (RTI Act) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) (IP Act).
In certain circumstances, we may consult with external experts to obtain an accounting opinion, interpret legislation or when making a decision about defective work.
Decisions from related external organisations are available below: