When you need a registered cadastral surveyor

The Surveyors Board of Queensland (SBQ) has identified that there is some uncertainty about when a registered cadastral surveyor is required to identify a property boundary (also known as a cadastral boundary).

To find out who can perform a property boundary (cadastral) survey and when a consulting cadastral surveyor is required go to Guideline – Surveys relating to property boundaries.

If you would like to find out if you have engaged a consulting cadastral surveyor, you can search for a registered consulting cadastral surveor or request the surveyor provide evidence of their current Surveyors Board registration.

You can also find out more about who can provide certification of a location in respect to a property boundary in the SBQ’s Guideline.

See the Surveyors Board Queensland for more information.