Storm season is on its way! We urge all licensed contractors to prepare your building sites for potential severe weather conditions.
We strongly suggest taking precautions on your worksites to avoid the risk of injury, damage and costs associated with storms and cyclones.
It's a good idea to:
- remove all loose material and building rubbish from sites
- secure all onsite scaffolding, planks and equipment
- brace or fully core-fill concrete masonry walls
- fully secure all metal roof cladding, gutters and flashing
- raise and secure all material above known flood levels
- secure any temporary structures, such as site offices and shipping containers
- add extra bracing to frame areas that may have to resist high winds
- provide adequate and compliant site drainage to avoid site flooding
- close window openings to adequately protect all tongue-and-groove flooring and other timber features and furniture from wet weather
- check that your insurance policies and coverage are up-to-date and sites and values are accurate
- install protection or retaining walls to cut-and-fill sites to prevent collapse of un-retained walls and soil runoff
- don’t leave stagnant water in buckets and other unsealed containers, and
- return to the building site as soon as safe and practical to secure or address any dangerous or failed areas, following weather events such as storms or high winds.
Give us a call on 139 333 for more information.