Apply for a licence
Apply to get an endorsement on your plumbing licence
An endorsement entitles you to perform specific types of work not covered under your existing licence. You only need to apply once for each endorsement, with the exception of backflow prevention. In this case you must requalify every five years and then send us a copy of your revalidation qualification.
Who can apply for an endorsement?
Provisional, occupational or full plumbers and drainers wanting to specialise in any one of the areas listed below can apply. You will need to complete a qualification through a Registered Training organisation.
Do I need experience?
No, there is no requirement for practical experience.
Endorsement categories and required qualifications
- Backflow Prevention - complete CPCPWT4022A— Commission and maintain backflow prevention devices. Endorsement is for a plumbers or provisional plumbers licence. An additional requirement for this endorsement includes requalifying every 5 years and providing evidence of your skills and qualifications to QBCC. You will need to pass a test, organised by the RTO.
- Fire protection (Commercial and Industrial) – complete CPC32813 Certificate III in Fire Protection. Endorsement is for a plumbers or provisional plumbers licence.
- Fire protection (Domestic and Residential)** – Endorsement is for a plumbers or provisional plumbers licence — fire protection (hydrants and hose reels) or water plumber — fire protection (commercial and industrial) complete:
- CPCPFS3037A — Install domestic and residential life safety sprinkler systems
- CPCPFS4021A — Commission domestic and residential fire suppression sprinkler systems
- CPCPFS4024A — Design residential and domestic
- On-Site Sewerage Facility Maintenance – Complete CPCPDR4013B — Design and size domestic treatment plant disposal systems and WEP01B — Maintain domestic treatment plants and on-site sewerage facilities. Endorsements are for a drainer or provisional drainer's licence.
- Thermostatic Mixing Valve – Complete CPCPWT4023A — Commission and maintain hot and heated water temperature control devices. Endorsement is for a plumber or provisional plumbers licence.
- Solar and heat pump hot water system installation – complete 39272QLD Course in Evaluating and Planning the Installation of Solar and Heat Pump Water Systems. Endorsement is for a plumber or provisional plumbers licence.
** Endorsement is for a plumbers or provisional plumbers licence. A fully licensed plumber who completed training in the CPC32413 Certificate III in Plumbing will already have completed the CPCPFS3037A competency. Therefore, for a fully licensed plumber to obtain this endorsement, the only requirement will be to complete CPCPFS4021A and CPCPFS4024A
You can get your qualification through one of the organisations listed below:
Course in Evaluating and Planning the Installation of Solar and Heat Pump Water Systems
You can apply to get this qualification through one of the following tafes:
- TAFE Queensland Skills Tech
- TAFE Queensland Gold Coast
- TAFE Queensland South West
- TAFE Queensland East Coast
- TAFE Queensland North
- TAFE Queensland Brisbane
How do I apply?
Complete a Form 21 and include:
- A certified copy of your qualification
- A Copy of your licence
- Fee – see below for amount
You can apply for up to 4 endorsements at a time.
Number of endorsements