Apply for a licence
Apply for a restricted plumbing and draining licence
Before you apply
View the scopes of work and required qualifications before you apply for a restricted plumbing and draining licence.
- Restricted drainer - on site sewerage facility
- Restricted water plumber - Electrical (RWP-Electrical)
- Restricted water plumber - Fire protection (commercial and industrial)
- Restricted water plumber - Fire protection (domestic and residential)
- Restricted water plumber - Fire protection (hydrants and hose reels)
- Restricted water plumber - Gas (RWP-Gas)
- Restricted water plumber - Irrigation
- Restricted water plumber - Water and sanitary
You can obtain your qualification through one of the following organisations:
How do I apply?
Complete a Form 21—Application for a licence (PDF) and include:
- A certified copy of your qualification
- Fees - see Provisonal and occupational plumbing and draining application and renewal fees
- Other documents as requested (i.e passport photos)
How to lodge your application
Lodge your completed application form, along with all the supporting documents and correct application fee:
- by post, to GPO Box 5099, Brisbane QLD 4001
- in person at your nearest QBCC Office
How long will it take to be processed?
Approximately 10 days.