New Home Construction Contract
If you’re building a single house or duplex, we recommend using the QBCC New Home Construction Contract.
Builders must give homeowners a copy of a commencement notice before work starts. The notice confirms the date the work is to commence and the date for practical completionthe signed and dated contract with plans, specifications, and a QBCC-approved contract information statement within 5 business days of entering the contract.
Download full contract pack
Download individual documents within contract pack
- Consumer Building Guide (PDF) – Has information for homeowners about topics such as payments, variations, building inspections, handover, and what to do if problems arise. This guide must be given to the homeower before they sign the contract
- General Conditions of New Home Construction Contract (PDF)
- Shedule and forms:
- Schedule for New Home Construction Contract (PDF) – Includes information about parties to the contract, the contracted work, payment arrangements, start and finish dates, etc.
- Prime Cost Items Schedule (PDF)
- Provisional Sums Schedule (PDF)
- Form 1 – Commencement Notice (PDF) – Contains the date work commenced on site and when the work is likely to be completed
- Form 2 – Extension of Time Claim and Owner’s Response to Claim (PDF)
- Form 3 – Progress Claim (PDF)
- Form 4 – Notice of Dispute of Progress Claim (PDF)
- Form 5 – Variation Document (PDF) – Used to record changes to the original contracted work
- Form 6 – Defects Document (PDF) – Used by the owner and contractor to record minor defects and omissions at practical completion, prior to seeking the final payment under the contract
- Form 7 – Certificate of Practical Completion (PDF) – Used to advise the owner that all the work is complete and given to the owner prior to obtaining the final contract payment.