Drainer - occupational
Scope of work
Drainage work below ground level, other than drainage work for which an endorsement on a drainers licence is required to perform the work.
- Completion of the competencies in the Certficate III in Plumbing CPC32413 necessary to qualify for a Drainers licence in Queensland; or
- Certificate II in Drainage - CPC20712; or
- An equivalent qualification approved by the QBCC.
(a) At least one year’s practical drainage experience; or
(b) practical experience at least equivalent to the practical experience mentioned in paragraph (a).
How to apply for a drainer's licence
If you have completed your relevant qualification and don't have the required practical experience, complete Form 21 Application for plumbing occupational licence and/or endorsement (PDF).
If you have completed your relevant qualification and have at least one year's practical experience as a plumber and/or drainer, complete the followihg:
- Form 21 Application for plumbing occupational licence and/or endorsement (PDF)
- Form 29 – Trade experience (PDF) (signed off by employer); and include:
- a copy of your driver's licence and two certified passport sized photos; and
- the required fee - see Occupational plumbing and draining application and renewal fees
For more information about the application process see Apply for a plumbing and draining licence.