Drainer - occupational

Scope of work

Drainage work below ground level, other than drainage work for which an endorsement on a drainers licence is required to perform the work.

Qualifications required

  • Certificate III in Plumbing -  CPC32413 (including drainage stream), or
  • Certificate II in Drainage -  CPC20712

Experience required

(a) At least one year’s practical drainage experience; or 
(b) practical experience at least equivalent to the practical experience mentioned in paragraph (a).

Applying for a licence

For more information about the application process see Apply for a provisional or occupational plumbing and draining licence.  

If you intend to run your own business view details on Apply for a trade contractor licence or Apply for a nominee supervisor licence if you are a nominee for a company.