Fire Safety Professional
Scope of work
- The formulation and provision of alternative solutions to fire safety
- The inspection of, or reporting on, buildings including existing, temporary or special structures against fire performance legislation, including for example, the Building Act 1975 and the Building Code of Australia
- Certify, inspect and test a fire protection system
Note: The scope of work does not include professional engineering services under the Professional Engineers Act 2002.
Two years experience, that may include experience gained during an apprenticeship or other training, in:
- the scope of work for the class, or
- other work, if the commission considers experience in the other work is at least equivalent to experience in the scope of work for the class.
The relevant financial requirements in the minimum financial requirements.
You can apply for this licence class as a:
- Interstate Applicants - may be eligible to obtain a licence through Mutual Recognition
- Overseas Applicants - may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Registered Training Organisations
Registered Training Organisations issue formal qualifications to people who successfully complete training. Please note that this list is a guide only and subject to change. We strive to ensure that the information contained is accurate and up-to-date.
Other qualifications can be:
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.