Plumber - occupational
Scope of work
Plumbing work, other than plumbing work for which an endorsement on a plumbers licence is required to perform the work
- Completion of competencies in Certificate III in Plumbing CPC32413 necessary to qualify for an apprenticeship in Plumbing and Drainage in Queensland; or
- Certificate III in Plumbing - CPC32413, including completion of competencies approved by QBCC; or
- An equivalent qualification approved by the QBCC
(a) At least one year’s practical plumbing experience after successful completion of the plumbing and draining apprenticeship; or
(b) practical experience at least equivalent to the practical experience mentioned in paragraph (a).
How to apply for a plumber's and/or drainer's licence
If you have completed your relevant qualification and don't have the required practical experience, complete Form 21 Application for plumbing occupational licence and/or endorsement (PDF).
If you have completed your relevant qualification and have at least one year's practical experience as a plumber and/or drainer, complete the following:
- Form 21 Application for plumbing occupational licence and/or endorsement (PDF)
- Form 29 – Trade experience (PDF) (signed off by employer); and include:
- a copy of your driver's licence and two certified passport sized photos; and
- the required fee - see Provisional and occupational plumbing and draining application and renewal fees
How do I submit my application?
- GPO Box 5099, Brisbane QLD 4001 (please don’t send in original documents such as qualifications unless we request them)
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- in person at your nearest QBCC Office
For more information about the application process see Apply for an plumbing and draining licence.