Plumber - occupational
Scope of work
Plumbing work, other than plumbing work for which an endorsement on a plumbers licence is required to perform the work
- The competencies in a plumbing and draining apprenticeship for a plumber’s licence; or
- A certificate of competency in plumbing approved by the QBCC Commissioner; or
- A foreign licence as a plumber approved by the QBCC Commissioner; or
- A qualification at least equivalent to the qualification mentioned in paragraph A or B approved by the QBCC Commissioner.
Please note the current Certificate III in Plumbing is CPC32413.
(a) At least one year’s practical plumbing experience after successful completion of the plumbing and draining apprenticeship; or
(b) practical experience at least equivalent to the practical experience mentioned in paragraph (a).
How to apply for a plumber's and/or drainer's licence
If you have completed your relevant qualification and don't have the required practical experience, complete Form 21 Application for plumbing occupational licence and/or endorsement (PDF).
If you have completed your relevant qualification and have at least one year's practical experience as a plumber and/or drainer, complete the following:
- Form 21 Application for plumbing occupational licence and/or endorsement (PDF)
- Form 29 – Trade experience (PDF) (signed off by employer); and include:
- a copy of your driver's licence and two certified passport sized photos; and
- the required fee - see Provisional and occupational plumbing and draining application and renewal fees
How do I submit my application?
- GPO Box 5099, Brisbane QLD 4001 (please don’t send in original documents such as qualifications unless we request them)
- email at email@example.com
- in person at your nearest QBCC Office
For more information about the application process see Apply for an plumbing and draining licence.