Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Mechanical Services including Limited Design
Download this scope of work – Refrigeration, Air Conditioning and Mechanical Services including Limited Design (PDF)
Scope of work
- Install, commission, service or repair refrigeration, air conditioning, mechanical ventilation and air handling systems for a building
- Design and prepare plans and specifications for:
- refrigeration systems for a building, or
- air conditioning and mechanical ventilation and air handling systems for a building:
- that is not more than 3 storeys, and
- that has a floor area of not more than 2000m², and
- for which the plant capacity for any 1 system for the building is not more than 34kW
- that do not form part of a fire or smoke hazard management system for the building
- but, only if the plans and specifications are:
- for the licensee's personal use, or
- for use in building work to be performed by the licensee personally.
Any one of the following:
- successful completion of either of the following courses:
- an apprenticeship in refrigeration and airconditioning
- Certificate III in Engineering Mechanical Trade (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning) MEM30205
- Certificate III in Airconditioning and Refrigeration UEE32211
- successful completion of a course the commission considers equivalent to one of the courses above
- a recognition certificate as a qualified refrigeration and airconditioning mechanic
- a qualification or statement of attainment of required competency for the class of licence.
Completion of the approved managerial course.
The relevant financial requirements in the board’s policies.
You can apply for this licence class as a:
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through Mutual Recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Registered Training Organisations
Registered Training Organisations issue formal qualifications to people who successfully complete training. Please note that this list is a guide only and subject to change. We strive to ensure that the information contained is accurate and up-to-date.
Other qualifications can be:
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.