Download this scope of work – Steel Fixing (PDF)
Scope of work
- Place reinforcement steel in footing trenches for on-ground slabs and on formwork, in preparation for the placement of concrete
- Incidental work of another class.
Any one of the following:
- successful completion of either of the following courses:
- Certificate III in Steel Fixing CPC31111
- steel fixer's traineeship
- a competency the commission considers equivalent to one of the courses above
- a recognition certificate as a qualified steel fixer
- a qualification or statement of attainment of required competency for the class of licence.
Completion of the approved managerial course.
The relevant financial requirements in the board’s policies.
You can apply for this licence class as a:
- Trade Contractor – full licence class
- Nominee Supervisor – supervising work on behalf of a company
- Site Supervisor – supervising work as an employee or officer of an appropriately licensed person.
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through Mutual Recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Registered Training Organisations
Registered Training Organisations issue formal qualifications to people who successfully complete training. Please note that this list is a guide only and subject to change. We strive to ensure that the information contained is accurate and up-to-date.
Other qualifications can be:
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.
Recognition of prior learning
Online, distance, one-on-one, tutorial support and mentoring.