Our Service Charter
To provide peace of mind to all people who use buildings in Queensland and to those who take part in the process to construct them.
What we do
We regulate the Queensland building and construction industry including (but not limited to):
- licensing building and trade contractors, including certifiers
- providing education to industry and persons using buildings
- providing dispute resolution services in relation to defective building work
- regulating building product supply chains to ensure safe, compliant, and appropriately represented building products
- administering the Safer Buildings Program to identify combustible cladding on private buildings
- monitoring and enforcing compliance with legislative obligations relating to building and construction work including payment obligations
- monitoring and protecting the financial wellbeing of the building and construction industry
- monitoring and enforcing compliance with building codes and standards to protect the public from poor quality building work in Queensland
- managing the Queensland Home Warranty Scheme
- adjudication and advisory services.
We will always strive to fulfil our service commitment to you in the following areas.
We will treat you fairly, with respect and courtesy.
We will act with impartiality and honesty.
We will act independently and ethically.
We will provide timely and reliable services that meet our service delivery standards.
We will seek to provide intuitive, personal assistance that focuses on reducing your effort and improving our level of service.
We are accountable for our actions.
How you can help us
You can help us deliver the services you need by:
- treating our staff with courtesy, consideration and respect
- providing us with complete and accurate information
- making sure that any forms you submit are fully completed and signed by the legally appropriate person, and not forgetting any supporting documentation and fees
- telling us of any changes to the circumstances surrounding your enquiry or application
- responding on time to our requests for information or quickly let us know if you can’t reply by the time specified
- providing us with feedback about our services.