Certifier licence information
Cancellation of your licence
If your licence has been cancelled because you didn’t renew on time, you must re-apply and pay the full application fee.
We may refuse to issue or renew a licence if you are not a suitable person to hold a licence.
When deciding suitability, we consider whether you:
- have been convicted of a relevant offence
- have previously been refused a licence, or had a licence suspended or cancelled under a relevant Act
- have been disqualified from holding a licence under a relevant act
- have had any dealings where your honesty and integrity have been compromised
- have failed to carry out statutory obligations relating to building or private certifying functions, and the reasons for the failure
- hold current accreditation issued by an accreditation standards body.
This list is not exhaustive and we may consider other circumstances.
If you don’t agree with our decision, you can lodge an appeal with the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal.