Apply for a licence

Apply for a certifier licence

Complete the Building Certifier Licence Application Form (PDF), and include your:

Send certified copies of original documents only.

Lodge your application by sending it to GPO Box 5099, Brisbane QLD 4001, or visit your nearest QBCC office.

Other endorsements

If you're applying for private certification endorsement, you need to have Professional Indemnity insurance (PI), including confirmation that non-compliant building products are not excluded from cover and include it with your application. Find out more about PI insurance on the Professional Indemnity Form (PDF).

For development approval endorsement that allows you to issue building permits as a private certifier, you need to complete an Issuing Development Permits for Building Work course, and provide the completion certificate with your application.

Interstate or New Zealand licensees

If you hold a similar licence or registration within another Australian State/Territory, or jurisdiction within New Zealand, you may be able to apply under the Mutual Recognition or Trans-Tasman Mutual Recognition Principle.

Licence not approved

If we don’t approve your application and you are dissatisfied with our decision, you can lodge an appeal with the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) within 28 days.