Apply for a licence
Apply for an occupational licence
Before you apply
An occupational licence is a licence (or registration) that you must have to carry out the following work as an employee. It is generally from an organisation other than the QBCC – :
- Gasfitting – You must hold a gas work licence issued by the Chief Gas Examiner and Gas Department of Natural Resources and Mines
- Termite management (Chemical) – You must have a licence for pest control activities including timber pests (under the Pest Management Act 2001) from the Department of Health.
- Fire protection - see Licence classes to find out more
- Plumbing and/or draining - issued by QBCC - read more in Apply for a plumber and drainers licence
Re-applying for a licence
If you've previously held a licence and you want to re-apply, find out about your options - Renew, update or surrender your licence
Occupational licences and contracting
- with an occupational licence, you can carry out occupational work as an employee of a person who holds a QBCC contractor licence in that class
- if you want to carry out occupational work directly for builders or homeowners, you must also hold a QBCC trade contractor licence in that class.
See applying for a trade contractor licence for more information.