Apply for a licence
Apply for a pool safety inspector licence
Before you apply
See the Pool safety inspector guidelines for more information on the role and responsibilities of a pool safety inspector.
How to apply
Complete the Application to be a licensed pool safety inspector (PDF), providing:
- a Statement of Attainment in Swimming Pool Safety inspections issued by Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) – course code 10660NAT (not required for licensed building certifiers). Visit the Commonwealth government database for a list of course providers.
- evidence of passing the pool safety inspector test (not required for licensed building certifiers)
- a passport style photograph
- proof of identity (e.g. certified copy of your driver’s licence or passport)
- evidence of professional indemnity insurance – Certificate of Currency / Schedule of Insurance
- the relevant fee as detailed in the Building Regulation 1975 or on the licence application.
If your QBCC licence is cancelled and you are reapplying, you must meet the current licensing requirements.
Other acceptable qualifications
You may already have a qualification that is acceptable including statements of attainment obtained up to and including 31 August 2017 for the the approved course 31005QLD.
How to lodge your application
Lodge your completed application form, along with all the supporting documents and correct application fee:
- by post, to GPO Box 5099, Brisbane QLD 4001 (please don’t send in original documents, such as qualifications, unless we request them); or
- in person at your nearest QBCC Office
How long will it take to be processed?
We will take approximately 10 working days to process your application. This includes checks to confirm you are a fit and proper person to hold a licence.
After you've applied
If your licence is approved, you'll receive a letter, which includes your licence number and your login detail.
Can I start work before my licence is granted?
No you must hold a valid pool safety inspector licence before you can perform an inspection.
What if I hold a licence in another state?
At this stage we do not use mutual recognition as all States have different pool safety laws