Apply to get an endorsement on your plumbing licence
An endorsement entitles you to perform specific types of work not covered under your existing licence. You only need to apply once for each endorsement, with the exception of backflow prevention. In this case you must requalify every five years and then send us a copy of your revalidation qualification.
Who can apply for an endorsement?
Plumbers, drainers and provisional licensees who want to specialise in any one of the areas listed below can apply. You will need to hold the relevant qualifications. An endorsement entitles you to perform specific types of work not covered under your existing licence
- Backflow prevention
- Thermostatic mixing valve
- Fire protection – commercial and industrial
- Fire protection – domestic and residential
- Solar and heat pump hot water system installation
- On-site sewage facility maintenance
How do I apply?
Complete Form 24 – Application for an Endorsement (PDF) and include the relevant qualification for the endorsement.
You will need to include the appropriate endorsement application fee(s). For more information see Occupational plumbing and draining fees.
Do I need practical experience?
No, there is no requirement for practical experience.
Technical qualifications required
- Provisional licensees need to reapply and pay the required fee for the endorsements each year. Please complete Form 24 – Application for an Endorsement (PDF) and pay the fee Occupational plumbing and draining fees (this may include the administration fee). The technical qualifications need to be current requirements.
- You must requalify every five years for a Backflow Endorsement and send us a copy of your revalidation qualification certificate and complete the Form 24 – Application for an Endorsement (PDF). If the Backflow Endorsement Revalidation qualification certificate is received before the due date then there is no required fee.
- If your Backflow endorsement expires on your licence you will need to reapply and re submit qualifications. Form 24 – Application for an Endorsement (PDF). Please pay the fee Occupational plumbing and draining fees. (This fee may include an administration fee, paid once per financial year)
Return your completed form and all requirements:
- Online: Submit a Feedback & Enquiries Form. You will need to register and/or login to myQBCC to provide your completed application form and required attachments.
- By Post: GPO Box 5099 Brisbane QLD 4001 (please don’t send in original documents such as qualifications unless we request them)
- In person: QBCC service centres