Apply for a licence

Apply to get an endorsement on your plumbing licence

An endorsement entitles you to perform specific types of work not covered under your existing licence. You only need to apply once for each endorsement, with the exception of backflow prevention. In this case you must requalify every five years and then send us a copy of your revalidation qualification. 

Who can apply for an endorsement?

Plumbers, drainers, restricted and provisional licensees who want to specialise in any one of the areas listed below can apply. You will need to hold the relevant qualifications.


  • Backflow prevention
  • Thermostatic mixing valve
  • Fire protection – commercial and industrial
  • Fire protection – domestic and residential
  • Solar and heat pump hot water system installation
  • On-site sewage facility maintenance

How do I apply?

To apply for a plumber, drainer and/or restricted licence you will need to complete the Form 24 – Application for an Endorsement (PDF).

You will need to include the appropriate endorsement application fee(s). For more information see Occupational plumbing and draining fees.

Do I need practical experience?

No, there is no requirement for practical experience.

Technical qualifications required

See Technical Qualifications for Licensing - Plumbing and Drainage occupational licences (PDF).

Return your completed form and all requirements by:

  • Online: Submit a Feedback & Enquiries Form. You will need to register and/or login to myQBCC to provide your completed application form and required attachments.
  • Post: GPO Box 5099 Brisbane QLD 4001 (please don’t send in original documents such as qualifications unless we request them)
  • In person: QBCC service centres