Apply for a licence to assist disaster recovery

Before you apply

If you're a builder or tradesperson and wish to contract for rebuilding work, you'll need a QBCC licence. If you are working as a sub-trade contractor or employee only, or are providing demolition services or general labouring work, you will not need a QBCC licence. In other words, you'll only need a licence if you are contracting to a consumer or builder. 

How to apply

If you have an interstate licence, you can apply for a QBCC licence through mutual recognition. If you live in Queensland and do not have a licence, complete an Individual application form (PDF).

You must also:

  • provide evidence of your active interstate licence or formal technical qualifications on application
  • all non-mutual recognition applicants will need to provide evidence of experience and referees.


  • Can companies apply for a licence?
    • No. Companies must apply as normal and are not able to access this licence process.