Information for adjudicators
Continuing Professional Development
An adjudicator must comply with registration conditions including the requirement to complete continuing professional development.
An adjudicator must:
- Accumulate 10 CPD points in each CPD year - at least 3 of which must be accumulated by completing core CPD activities
- Keep a record in the approved form of each CPD activity completed in the CPD year
- Give the registrar a written copy of the approved form within 14 days after the CPD year ends
The approved form is the CPD Record [Version 1 - March 2019] PDF.
A CPD unit is one hour of continuing professional development activity approved under regulation.
A CPD year is from 1 April to 31 March in the following year.
Approved CPD activities
Approved CPD activities may consist of
- completing a course;
- attending an education program, seminar, workshop, lecture, conference or discussion group;
- participating in a multimedia-based or website-based program;
- listening to or viewing recorded material (for example, audio tapes, videos, DVDs) of an event that occurred in the relevant CPD year;
- studying relevant postgraduate courses;
or any combination of two or more of these activities.
The CPD requirements can be found in the Building Industry Fairness (Security of Payment) Regulation 2018.
The Continuing Professional Development Policy 2018 (PDF) includes further information.
Enquiries regarding CPD requirements should be directed to the adjudication registry: email@example.com