Mechanical services licences
Apply for a Mechanical Services - Plumbing licence
For information about the work performed under the Mechanical Service - Plumbing licence refer to the scope of works below:
- Mechanical Services- Plumbing licence - Applicable for contractor, nominee supervisor, site supervisor and company licences
- Mechanical Services - Plumbing licence occupational - Applicable for occupational licence only
For more information, see:
- Journey fact sheet for mechanial services - plumbing (PDF)
- Mechanical services licensing requirements for employees fact sheet (PDF)
- Mechanical services - exemptions from licensing requirements (PDF)
- Mechanical Services – Plumbing Licence Reference Guide (PDF)
Note: When applying for a company licence, you must nominate a nominee supervisor who is licensed for the same scope of work. For more information read our factsheet Companies and licensing (PDF).
How to apply
You can apply for a mechanical services licence from 1 January 2020.
All licensing applications require proof of identity and evidence of your technical qualifications. Additional information required to assess your application will depend of the licence you apply for.
How to lodge your application
Did you know you can lodge your application form online with myQBCC? If you’re an existing licensee user of myQBCC, applicable fee exemptions will be automatically calculated when you lodge online.
For more information, see myQBCC Mechancial services licence application user guide (PDF)
Alternatively, you can complete an application form and include all the supporting documents and correct application fee by completing the appropriate PDF form/s:
- Individual contractor/nominee supervisor licence application (PDF)
- Company licence application (PDF) (if applicable)
- Site supervisor licence application (PDF)
- Occupational licence application (PDF)
If you completed a PDF form, you can lodge:
- By post: to GPO Box 5099, Brisbane QLD 4001 (please don’t send in original documents, such as qualifications, unless we request them)
- In person: at your nearest QBCC Office
What are the fees?
Please note: Fee waivers may apply. Please refer to Transitional arrangements for Mechanical services - plumbing work.
Licence fees vary depending on what type of licence you are applying for. For contactors, fees vary depending on whether you are applying for an individual or a company licence.
Nominee Supervisor, Site Supervisor and Occupational licence fees are a set fee.
Licence fee information is available on the Licence Fees page.
How long will it take to be processed?
We will take approximately 6-8 weeks to process your application. This includes checks to confirm you are a fit and proper person to hold a licence. We will contact you if we need any further information.
After you've applied
If your licence is approved, you'll receive a letter, which includes your licence number and scope of work for the licence class.