Neighbourhood issues


Builders and contractors are restricted to making noise within certain hours, generally 6.30am to 6.30pm (varies within local government areas).

Contact your local council to check your area’s restrictions or complain about construction noise.

Dividing fences and trees

We understand that sometimes trees and dividing fences, like building work, can cause problems between neighbours. QBCC does not handle complaints about neighbourhood building work, however, The Department of Justice and Attorney-General offers resources to help resolve such conflict.