Changes to sprinkler and suppression systems licences
Existing sprinkler and suppression systems licences have transitioned to the water-based fire system stream under the new framework.
Key changes for existing licensees:
- New definitions for domestic and residential fire sprinkler systems and commercial or industrial type sprinkler systems have been included (and reference to AS2118 removed).
- There are changes for licensees transitioning to the new ‘certify’ classes.
- ‘Install and maintain’ classes will automatically transition to the most relevant new ‘install and maintain’ class.
- The current ‘inspect and test’ class will automatically transition to the new ‘install and maintain’ class – the broader scope means:
- licensees will be able to carry out all types of installation and maintenance of fire sprinkler systems
- incidental installation of fire collars will also be included.
- The new water-based fire system stream now includes work on fire hydrant systems and fire hose reels – with or without pumps in the scope of work for all classes.
For more information see the fact sheet: Changes to licence classes for fire pumps, hydrants, hose reels and sprinkler systems (PDF).
Former licence classes that have transitioned: