Notifiable work for plumbing and drainage
Notifiable work resources
Notifiable work is common, everyday plumbing and draining work performed by plumbers and drainers on existing buildings. This kind of plumbing and drainage work can be performed without needing local government permits or inspections, which saves home owners time and money.
When a plumber or drainer completes notifiable work, they must lodge a Form 4 (or a Form 4A if the work is being carried out on behalf of or for a public sector entity) to the QBCC within 10 business days.
We have a suite of resources designed to help answer your notifiable work questions.
- Notifiable work for plumbers and drainers (PDF)
- Notifiable work for home owners (PDF)
- Real Estate Agents: What you need to know about notifiable plumbing and drainage work (PDF)
- Notifiable work poster (PDF)
- Notifiable work for home owners poster (PDF)
- Notifiable work - What is and is not for plumbers and drainers fact sheet (PDF)
- Notifiable Work Reference Guide (PDF)