Passive Fire Protection – Fire and Smoke Walls and Ceilings – Occupational
Scope of work
- Certify, inspect and test fire walls, smoke walls, or fire-rated ceiling systems requiring a fire-resistant level under the Building Code of Australia.
You can apply for this licence class as a:
- Fire Protection Occupational Licensee.
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a QBCC licence through Mutual Recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Registered Training Organisations
Registered Training Organisations issue formal qualifications to people who successfully complete training. Please note that this list is a guide only and subject to change. We strive to ensure that the information contained is accurate and up-to-date.
Other qualifications can be:
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.
Recognition of prior learning
If you do not hold a formal technical qualification, you may be able to obtain it through recognition of prior learning (RPL) by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). The following RTOs may be able to provide RPL services for this licence class: