Payment disputes


Attempting to resolve a dispute in court can take longer and cost you more than the QCAT or adjudication processes. We recommend that you seek legal advice before applying to the courts.

The amount in dispute dictates which court will hear your matter.

  • You can apply to the Magistrates Court for debts up to $150,000
  • You can apply to the District Court for debts above $150,000 up to $750,000
  • You can apply to the Supreme Court for debts above $750,000.

You can visit the Queensland Courts website to find out more about how to apply to the courts and how judgment is enforced.