Payment disputes


You can apply to the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) for certain types of domestic and commercial building disputes including disputes about unpaid debts, performance of the works and contractual disputes. 

A dispute may be between a building owner and a building contractor, two or more building contractors and various other consultants and suppliers. The dispute must relate to certain types of building work for QCAT to hear the matter. 

Parties are required to participate in a dispute resolution process with QBCC before making a commercial or domestic building dispute application to QCAT.

More information can be found on the QCAT website.