Renew, update or surrender your licence
Update your details
Make sure you always let us know if your circumstances change. You risk licence suspension or cancellation if you don’t receive important correspondence, such as your annual licence renewal notice.
Update details for individual licensees
Update your address, phone number or email within 14 days of the change.
- Register for myQBCC, your new digital service centre, and update your details online 24/7
- Complete the Change of Particulars Notice form (PDF) or if you hold an occupational plumber and drainer licence only, complete a Form 26 - Notice of change of circumstances (PDF)
- Call us on 139 333.
Note: your business address must be a physical address and not a PO Box.
Update interstate or New Zealand licence details
You must submit a Change of interstate or New Zealand licence status form (PDF) to us within 14 days if:
- You are granted an interstate or New Zealand licence for commercial, industrial or residential building or construction work
- Your interstate or New Zealand licence is cancelled or suspended.
Penalties may apply if you don’t notify us of these changes.
Add a business trading name
To add a business trading name, provide a current copy of your ASIC Record of Registration.
Update details for companies
Inform us of any changes to the company’s licence details within 14 days. This includes changes to the company’s director/s and nominee/s.
Penalties may apply to your company if you don’t notify us of a change of nominee or if it doesn’t have a nominee. Your company’s licence may be suspended or cancelled if it fails to have a licensed nominee for more than 28 days.
Change of company nominee
For any change of company nominee, complete:
- a Company – Incoming Nominee Form (PDF); or
- a Company – Outgoing Nominee Form (PDF) (You won’t be held responsible for supervision of work carried out by the company from the date we receive your notification of withdrawal)
Change of company director
Complete the Change of Particulars Notice Form (PDF) to inform us about a change of company director.
When a director leaves the company, you also need to provide:
- an ASIC Historical Company Extract or Change of Officeholders Extract; and
- as soon as practicable, provide the QBBC with the one of the following to demonstrate compliance with the Minimum Financial Requirements.
- SC1 – $200,000 Declaration or Estimated Maximum Revenue declaration (Maximum Revenue up to $200,000) (PDF)
- SC2 – $800,000 Declaration or Estimated Maximum Revenue declaration (Maximum Revenue up to $800,000) (PDF)
- Category 1–7 - MFR Report (PDF). The MFR Report must be prepared off signed financial statements which are prepared for a period end date less than four months old.