We regulate the Queensland building and construction industry. We:
- licence contractors and certifiers
- provide contractor information
- raise consumer awareness of the building process
- provide free early dispute resolution services
- resolve payment disputes
- undertake compliance and enforcement, and
- provide home warranty insurance.
To provide peace of mind for those who contract with or work in the building and construction industry.
We make decisions about:
The Commissioner of the QBCC may make policies to give guidance about compliance with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991 (the Act). The Commissioner’s policies will be published on this page as they are made.
What are my responsibilities?
Under the National Construction Code - by which all buildings must adhere to - building products, and plumbing and drainage products, must be fit for their intended purpose. However, prior to these new laws, there was greater accountability to uphold this requirement on people at the end of the supply of chain, such as installers or certifiers.