Who can lodge a complaint
- Property owners – if the work was carried out for you or was done before you purchased the property
- Body corporate representatives (for common property only)
- Agents acting on behalf of a property owner
- An owner of the property directly next door to where construction work is being carried out
Townhouse and unit owners
If the complaint relates to a unit or townhouse complex:
- the individual unit owner/s must lodge the complaint for defects about their individual property
- the body corporate representative must lodge the complaint about any common property.
Example: Plaster damage in ceiling as a result of a roof leak, the body corporate will lodge a complaint for the roof leak and the individual owners will lodge a complaint for the defects occurring inside the property which were caused by the roof leak.