Servicing Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns
Download this scope of work – Carpentry (PDF)
Scope of work
- Construct and erect timber and steel wall framing and roof structures
- Construct and erect non-load bearing internal partition walls
- Install windows and doors including framing
- Erect ceiling and subfloor framing
- Install timber and sheet flooring
- Install exterior cladding, fascias and soffits
- Install metal roofing
- Construct timber stairs
- Fix internal linings, panelling and mouldings
- Install door and window locks and furniture
- Restore and renovate doors, windows and frames
- Install fitments
- Concreting to simple forms including install formwork, reinforcement and concrete
- Erect and strip formwork including slip form and jump form formwork
- Incidental work of another class.
Note: "door" includes a fire door or fire shutter.
Any one of the following:
- successful completion of either of the following courses:
- apprenticeship in carpentry
- Certificate III in Carpentry – CPC30211
- successful completion of a course the commission considers is at least equivalent to one of the courses above
- a recognition certificate as a qualified carpenter
- a qualification or statement of attainment of required competency for the class of licence.
Completion of the approved managerial course.
The relevant financial requirements in the board’s policies.
You can apply for this licence class as a:
- Trade Contractor – full licence class
- Nominee Supervisor – supervising work on behalf of a company
- Site Supervisor – supervising work as an employee of an appropriately licensed person.
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through mutual recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.
Recognition of prior learning
Online, distance, one-on-one, tutorial support and mentoring.