Exclusion due to insolvency
A person becomes an 'excluded individual' when they:
- become bankrupt, or take advantage of bankruptcy laws by entering into an agreement under the Bankruptcy Act 1966
- are a director, secretary or influential person for a construction company within the period of two years before the company appoints a provisional liquidator, liquidator, administrator or controller.
The Excluded individuals and companies fact sheet (PDF) has more information.
Excluded individual restrictions
If you are excluded, you can't:
- hold a QBCC contractor or nominee supervisor’s licence, or
- run a QBCC-licensed company, or
- be in partnership with a QBCC licensee.
A person involved in 2 separate insolvency events faces life exclusion.