Apply for a licence
Apply for an additional licence
Licensees can hold more than one QBCC licence class. Applying for an additional licence class is similar to applying for your original QBCC licence. You must provide the correct information and meet the current requirements.
Complete the relevant application form and include the fee:
- Individual Licence Application Form - experience required (PDF) - use if you're applying for a building, building designer or hydraulic services design, completed residential building inspection licence
- Individual Licence Application Form - no experience required (PDF) - use for all trade contractor licences, excluding fire protection
- Company Licence Application Form (PDF) – if you have a company with a different ACN to your existing QBCC licensed company, you must apply for a new licence
- Site Supervisor Licence Application Form (PDF)
- Fire Contractor or Nominee Supervisor Licence Application Form (PDF)
- Fire Occupational Licence Application Form (PDF).
Note: You don’t need to complete a new managerial course.
Base your revenue on the total income you receive from all sources. If you’re not increasing your maximum revenue and not applying for a builder licence class, you don’t need to provide additional financial information. See Minimum Financial Requirements (PDF) (MFR) for more details.
If you are:
- a trade contractor applying for a builder licence class, you must meet the minimum financial requirement of at least $600,000
- increasing your annual turnover:
- up to $600,000, tick the appropriate box on the form, or
- for turnovers greater than $600,000, provide an MFR report.