Fire Pumps – Occupational
Download the scope – Fire Pumps Occupational (PDF)
Scope of work
- Certify, inspect and test fire pumps.
2. Inspect and Test
- Inspect and test fire pumps.
- successful completion of Certificate IV in Fire Systems Compliance (Hydrants, Sprinklers and Pump-sets) 30903QLD, or
- successful completion of a course the commission considers equivalent to the course above.
2. Inspect and Test
- successful completion of the following unit of competency:
- CPCPFS3041A – Inspect and test fire pumpsets; or
- successful completion of a course the commission considers is at least equivalent to the course above.
You can apply for this licence class as a:
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a QBCC licence through Mutual Recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Registered Training Organisations
Registered Training Organisations issue formal qualifications to people who successfully complete training. Please note that this list is a guide only and subject to change. We strive to ensure that the information contained is accurate and up-to-date.
Other qualifications can be:
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.
Recognition of prior learning
If you do not hold a formal technical qualification, you may be able to obtain it through recognition of prior learning (RPL) by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). The following RTOs may be able to provide RPL services for the restricted licence classes listed above::
- FPIB(Q) (Accreditations)
- The Service Trades College Australia
Inspect and test
- The Service Trade College Australia