Servicing Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns
Structural Landscaping (Trade)
Download this scope of work – Structural Landscaping (Trade) (PDF)
Scope of work
- Prepare, fabricate and erect carports, decking, fences, gazebos, pergolas, retaining walls of a height that do not require an engineering certification under a local law, and ornamental structures
- Install prefabricated sheds, including associated concrete slabs, with a maximum floor area of 10m²
- Install surface and subsoil drainage systems for landscaping work
- Prepare site and lay paving or concrete, not intended to carry vehicular traffic, for landscaping
- Incidental work of another class.
Any one of the following:
- successful completion of an apprenticeship, or traineeship, at level III or higher in Landscape Construction, including the following units of competency from Certificate III in Landscape Construction AHC30910/AHC30916:
- AHCOHS301A — Contribute to OHS processes
- AHCBUS402A — Cost a project
- AHCDRG301A — Install drainage systems
- AHCLSC301A — Set out site for construction works
- AHCLSC302A — Construct landscape features using concrete
- AHCLSC303A — Construct brick and/or block structures and features
- AHCLSC305A — Construct stone structures and features
- AHCLSC306A — Implement a paving project
- AHCLSC307A — Implement a retaining wall project
- AHCPCM302A — Provide information on plants and their culture
- AHCPGD301A — Implement a plant establishment program
- AHCSOL302A — Construct a soil profile
- AHCLSC304A — Erect timber structures and features
- AHCLSC308A — Install metal structures and features
- AHCLSC309A — Install water features
- successful completion of Certificate III in Carpentry CPC30211
- successful completion of Certificate III in Bricklaying/Blocklaying CPC30111
- successful completion of a course the commission considers equivalent to the courses above
- a recognition certificate as a qualified landscaper, carpenter or bricklayer
Completion of the approved managerial course.
The relevant financial requirements in the board’s policies.
You can apply for this licence class as a:
- Trade Contractor – full licence class
- Nominee Supervisor – supervising work on behalf of a company
- Site Supervisor – supervising work as an employee of an appropriately licensed person.
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through Mutual Recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Registered Training Organisations
Registered Training Organisations issue formal qualifications to people who successfully complete training. Please note that this list is a guide only and subject to change. We strive to ensure that the information contained is accurate and up-to-date.
Other qualifications can be:
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.
Recognition of prior learning