Renew, update or surrender your licence

Change your licence grade

You can change your licence grade at any time, unless you hold a site supervisor or fire protection occupational licence, in which case you’ll need to go through a different process.**

If you do decide to change your grade, we may adjust the amount of your annual licence fee from the date you requested the change.


Companies can’t change their licence grade.

How to change your grade of licence

Complete a Request to Change Licence Grade Form (PDF) to change from:

  • Nominee Supervisor to Contractor*
  • Contractor to Nominee Supervisor
  • Contractor or Nominee Supervisor to Site Supervisor or Fire Protection Occupational.**

* In addition, complete the declaration if your maximum revenue (MR) is no more than $600,000.
P​​​​​​rovide an MFR Report (PDF) if your MR is more than $600,000

**Changing from Site Supervisor or Fire Protection Occupational to Contractor or Nominee

You can only change your licence grade by submitting a licence application and meeting current licensing requirements.