Building Design – Medium Rise
Download this scope of work – Building Design Medium Rise (PDF)
Scope of work
- Prepare plans and specifications for buildings to a maximum of three storeys above a storey used for the parking of vehicles but not including a Type A construction other than class 2, 3, or 9 buildings
- Contract administration in relation to building work designed by the licensee.
Any one of the following:
- successful completion of either of the following courses:
- Associated Degree of Building Design CC01 (CQU)
- Diploma of Building Design CPP50911
- successful completion of a course the commission considers is at least equivalent to one of the courses above
- a recognition certificate as a building designer qualified to carry out the scope of work for the licence class
- a qualification or statement of attainment of required competency issued by an approved authority for the class of licence.
Two years experience in:
- the licence class scope of work, or
- other work the commission is satisfied is at least equivalent to experience in the scope of work for the class.
The relevant financial requirements in the minimum financial requirements policy.
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through mutual recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance is required for this licence class.
Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.
Recognition of prior learning
If you do not hold a formal technical qualification, you may be able to obtain it through recognition of prior learning (RPL) by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). The following RTOs may be able to provide RPL services for this licence class.