About Right to Information
We are committed to giving the community greater access to information held by the QBCC, unless there is a good reason not to provide that information.
Is the information you are looking for online?
Before making a Right to Information (RTI) request, check to see if the information is already available by searching:
- Our Lists – information we routinely gather and make available to the public, e.g, the Online Licence Search
- About us pages – information we make available and how you can access it. This is known as our Publication Scheme
- Disclosure Log – information previously released under RTI
Note: Information such as certifier lists and insurance searches are available for a fee.
Requesting access to documents
- Administrative Access (AA) – apply for documents you have sent to us or we have sent to you
- Information Privacy (IP) – apply for your personal information only
- Right to Information (RTI) – apply for the information of other people or companies, or a combination of your personal information and the information of other people or companies
Requesting amendment of your personal information
Making a privacy complaint
You can lodge a complaint if you believe there has been a breach of your personal information involving QBCC.
I’m not happy with the RTI/IP decision
After we send you the result of your request, you can ask for a review of the decision if you don’t agree.
Contact RTI and Privacy Unit by emailing email@example.com or complete the Right to Information internal review request form (PDF).
If you can't find what you're looking for in a search, contact QBCC on 139333, or the RTI & Privacy unit via email.
If you’d prefer, send a letter to:
Right to Information and Information Privacy
Queensland Building and Construction Commission
GPO Box 5099
Brisbane Qld 4001
More information on RTI
Legislation replacing the Freedom of Information Act 1992 effective 1 July 2009: