We make decisions about:
- compliance with the Building Act 1975
- compliance with the Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1991
- defective work complaints
- home warranty insurance
- licensing including granting, suspending or cancelling of licences
- internal reviews of QBCC decisions
- matters relating to applications under the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) (RTI Act) and the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) (IP Act).
In certain circumstances, we may consult with external experts to obtain an accounting opinion, interpret legislation or when making a decision about defective work.
You can find general information in our Annual Reports and more about the decision making process in policies and guidelines.
Decisions from related external organisations
- Adjudication —view adjudication decisions that have been decided and released to the parties in dispute. These decisions are published regardless of whether or not the claimant has been successful.
- QCAT —view decisions where QBCC was a party to the proceedings.