Complaint against a pool safety inspector
We can investigate and take disciplinary action against a pool safety inspector (PSI) who breaches their code of conduct. If you have witnessed misconduct you can lodge a complaint with us.
Pool safety inspectors' standard of conduct
According to the Pool safety inspector code of conduct (PDF, 923KB) undertaking pool safety inspection functions and related functions, an inspector must always:
- perform pool safety inspection functions in the public interest
- maintain satisfactory levels of competence
- comply with legislative requirements
- not perform pool safety inspection functions where there is potential for a conflict of interest, except for carrying out minor repairs prescribed under regulation
- not perform pool safety inspection functions beyond their level of competence or outside their area of expertise
- maintain confidentiality
- abide by professional, moral and ethical standards expected by the community
- take all reasonable steps to obtain all relevant facts
- clearly document reasons for decisions.
If an PSI breaches their code of conduct they may have their adjudicator’s registration suspended or cancelled.
How to make a complaint
Gather as much evidence as you can to support your complaint, including:
- the names of any witnesses
- any supporting documents
- any photographs.
Download and complete all sections of:
Provide the details of the allegations you are making about a pool safety inspector or training provider. Please provide as much detail as possible to describe the reasons for making the complaint and events leading up to you making the complaint.
Attach supporting evidence and any additional documents if there is insufficient space in the form fields.
What happens next?
We will assess the complaint and determine if we have sufficient evidence to investigate the matter further.
If we determine an offence has been committed, we will take disciplinary action against the inspector.