We are open for business
We are open for business
We appreciate that this is an uncertain and challenging time for many in the Queensland building and construction sector due to the global pandemic of novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The situation and advice from government authorities on the COVID-19 pandemic is evolving daily.
Keeping the community and industry safe is of the utmost importance.
We appreciate that the COVID-19 pandemic is putting a strain on businesses and households. All levels of government are working hard to keep the economy sustainable, including the building and construction industry.
Queensland laws, including those that help keep Queensland’s building and construction industry safe and sustainable, still apply during the COVID-19 pandemic, and the QBCC will continue to respond to unsafe or unscrupulous practices.
Licensees or those impacted by the building industry, including home owners with a building complaint, and who have been impacted by COVID-19, can contact us online or by phone.
Please also regularly check our website for further updates. We will continue to share information about how our services are adapting and how we can support the industry and homeowners though this challenging time.
Safety at our Customer Service Centres
Whilst our Customer Service Centres remain open to provide essential services, we have put in place some preventative measures designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Checking in using the Check in QLD app
Effective Friday 9 July 2021 all persons entering our Customer Service Centres are required to check in using the Check In QLD app. The app is simple and easy to use and can be downloaded from either Google Play or Apple Store.
All you need to do is:
- visit www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-in-qld for links to download the app from Google Play or Apple App stores
- enter your details once when you first open the app
- open the app when you next visit us
- select ‘Check in Now’ and scan or enter our code
Using this digital check in means your details will be stored securely by the Queensland Government to assist with COVID-19 contact tracing (if needed).
For more information on the app, Frequently Asked Questions and instructional videos, visit www.covid19.qld.gov.au/check-in-qld
For your health and wellbeing as well as our staff, we have adopted Queensland Health’s recommendations for social distancing and cleaning. These include:
- Additional cleaning and sanitisation of surfaces, countertops and eftpos
- Maintaining social distancing of at least 1.5 metres
- Providing antibacterial wipes on the counter for your use
Please note, some of our staff may be wearing gloves by choice, in particular when taking payment.
Contactless services are available
Due to increased health risks and restrictions on face-to-face interactions, more of our services are moving online.
You can lodge your documents by:
- Submitting a general enquiry online
- Using your myQBCC account (sign up on our website if you don’t have one)
If you have an enquiry, please:
- Submit a general enquiry online
- Use your myQBCC account (sign up on our website if you don’t have one)
- Phone 139 333
We look forward to assisting you soon.