Education & Engagement
Education and Engagement - home owner events
New dates for 2020 coming soon.
Planning to build or renovate your home?
Come and join us for a FREE information session as you start your journey through the building process.
Not sure if this session is for you? If you can’t answer any of these questions coming to our Home Owner event will provide you with some practical information that will help you get a better building outcome.
- When building or renovating what responsibilities do you have as a Home Owner?
- How can you quickly and easily get multiple quotes for the project?
- How do you check if a contractor has a licence?
- What are the steps you need to take if the project goes in an unwanted direction?
- Do you know what home warranty insurance is? And when you can access it?
Topics we will discuss:
- how to begin your project
- steps for choosing a builder, or doing the work yourself
- sourcing quotes and plans
- contracts – get it in writing!
- the role of a certifier in the building inspection and approval process
- early dispute resolution
- building complaints
- home warranty insurance – make sure you're covered!
- ongoing property maintenance