How to send feedback
We welcome your feedback! You can lodge a suggestion, compliment or complaint about the service we have provided by completing our online feedback form, or you can call us on 139 333 and ask us for help to lodge your feedback.
You may also send a letter to:
Customer Relationship Officer
GPO Box 5099
BRISBANE QLD 4001
For further information, see our Customer Feedback Policy.
The QBCC aims to provide exceptional levels of customer service in the delivery of its statutory functions and services to the community.
We encourage our customers to provide both positive and negative feedback in relation to any aspect of the QBCC’s statutory functions, services, processes or procedures, or the standard of customer service delivery.
Your feedback provides us with the opportunity to identify business improvement opportunities, monitor the success of some of our initiatives and ensure continuous improvement to our business.
We are committed to providing customer-focused, prompt, efficient and effective management of all feedback.
Types of feedback
Feedback can be in the form of:
- Compliments – We record all compliments and ensure that the staff member or department is recognised for their contribution to your great experience.
- Suggestions - Your suggestions about how we can improve our service are important to us and help us look at new ways to improve the services we provide.
- Complaints about the service we provided - If you are dissatisfied with the level of service provided to you, please let us know. Where possible, please provide any relevant supporting information and the remedy you are seeking.
- Serious complaints - Complaints about professional misconduct or official corruption are taken very seriously and are confidentially investigated. If you have a complaint of this nature, please write to us, advise us online or call us on 139 333 and ask to speak to the Customer Feedback Manager, or the Executive Director, Human Resources.
For further information, please refer to our Customer Feedback Policy.
I lodged a complaint, but I am dissatisfied with the way the matter was investigated
If you are dissatisfied with the way we first dealt with your feedback or complaint, or you believe that the matter has been improperly investigated, you can ask us to escalate it by:
- calling 139 333 and asking the Customer Service Officer to help you lodge your request
- completing the online form and advising that you would like to have the complaint escalated
- writing us a letter
I lodged a complaint, but I am dissatisfied with the way the matter was investigated. I want to talk to someone external to the QBCC
Please read the information available at the Queensland Ombudsman website or call 1800 068 908.
In what circumstances will QBCC not respond to your complaint?
We are committed to being accessible and responsive to all customers who approach us for assistance. At the same time, we also have an obligation to provide a safe and healthy workplace for our employees, and recognise that there may be an element of risk when dealing with some customers.
On rare occasions, some customers may behave in an aggressive, intimidatory or potentially violent way, or their demands may pose an unreasonable administrative burden on QBCC resources.
In this instance, we reserve the right to take appropriate action to manage a customer’s impact on the wellbeing or safety of its staff or the organisation by considering imposing access restrictions or alternative service arrangements.
For further information, please refer to our Unreasonable Conduct & Disengagement Policy.
Your personal information
The QBCC must comply with the provisions under the Right to Information Act 2009 and Information Privacy Act 2009.
The personal information obtained from your feedback will only be used for the purposes of resolving the feedback. External reporting on feedback will not contain any personally identifiable information.
The Staff Conduct Committee will confidentially investigate serious complaints, and details of the allegations and investigations will be restricted to the appropriate investigators.
When outcomes are provided to customers who lodge a complaint, we will strive to achieve a balance between compliance of its legislative obligations and affording the privacy of individuals involved to the greatest practicable extent.
The Customer Feedback Policy, processes and data are regularly reviewed to ensure the continuing effectiveness and relevance, and compliance with mandatory response and reporting timeframes. This may involve both internal and external audits.
How did we manage your feedback?
To give us feedback about how we managed your complaint, please complete a short survey.