Complaints about building design

If you believe that there is a design fault in your plans, lodge a complaint with us as soon you notice it (before or during construction).

Make a design complaint

Write or email the building designer with your concerns giving them a reasonable timeframe (e.g. 14 days) to respond.

If you are not happy with the response, make a complaint online or download a Residential and Commercial Construction Work Complaint Form (PDF) .  Include a copy of the design plan and the letter you sent to the building designer.

If you are still under contract, you can use our Early Dispute Resolution (EDR) service to try and resolve the problem.

What we will do

After receiving your complaint, we’ll inspect your property and provide you with a report.

You may be able to use the report if you are taking legal action in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (QCAT) or Magistrates Court.