Complaints about building non-completion

Your contractor may be unable to complete your job for one of the following reasons:

  • suspension or cancellation of their licence (If it’s re-instated, work can begin again. Check the Online Licence Search to see their licence status.)
  • bankruptcy, being placed in administration, or entering liquidation
  • death or injury.

What to do

If work has stopped because your contractor is having financial difficulties, or because of death or injury, get legal advice to see whether you can and should terminate your contract.

You may then get help through Home Warranty Insurance.

Important note: Claims are subject to your insurance policy conditions. Check the policy or Product Disclosure booklet we sent you, along with your Certificate of Insurance/Notice of Cover. 

Terminate the contract

If you lawfully terminate the contract, we can investigate any alleged defects and incomplete items. For more information, see the Contract Termination (due to Non-Completion) Fact Sheet (PDF).

Is your site safe?

Concerned about safety at your site? Health and safety is your responsibility. QBCC does not provide a ‘make safe’ service. If you have any immediate safety concerns, we recommend you take steps to mitigate any risk to occupants and visitors (e.g. restrict access to any unsafe areas).

Send in a complaint form

Complete a Non-Completion of Construction Work Complaint Form (PDF) and lodge it with all the required documents to see if we can help.