Building complaints

Complaints about defective building work

If you own a property and have defective building work, we may be able to help. However, you must first find out whether you can make a complaint. 

Before submitting the form, please take the time to look through the information below so that you can quickly assess whether you can use this process.

Dispute checklist

Use our handy dispute checklist tool to find out if you have all the right information to lodge a complaint.

Lodge your complaint

You can lodge your complaint online. Make sure you include all the requested information and attachments so that we can process your form quickly.

For more details about the steps we take once we receive your complaint - see What happens after you have lodged your complaint?

Assistance under Queensland Home Warranty Scheme

Should your complaint involve residential construction work and is not able to be satisfactorily resolved through QBCC’s dispute resolution process, your application will be assessed as to whether you may be eligible for assistance under the Queensland Home Warranty Scheme.  You are not required to lodge a separate form for this to occur. 

Please note the following strict time limits apply for some claims:

  • For structural defects you must lodge this complaint form within 3 months of noticing the defect
  • For non-structural defects you must lodge this complaint form within 7 months of the completion date

Need help?

Call us on 139 333 if you need help with your complaint or you can also visit one of our offices.

Your privacy

Information you provide during the dispute process is kept confidential but may be subject to access under the Right to Information Act 2009. This includes documents supplied and information gained during the resolution process.

Information is only released in accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2009 and the Right to Information Act 2009.