Building Design – Low Rise
Download this scope of work – Building Design Low Rise (PDF)
Scope of work
- Prepare plans and specifications for a class 1 or class 10 building (PDF)
- Prepare plans and specifications for classes 2 to 9 buildings (PDF) with a gross floor area not exceeding 2000m², but not including Type A or Type B construction
- Contract administration in relation to building work designed by the licensee.
Any one of the following:
- successful completion of the following seven units of competency from CPP50911 Diploma of Building Design:
- CPCCOHS2001A – Apply OHS requirements, policies and procedures in the construction industry
- CPPBDN5001A – Research construction materials and methods for small-scale residential building design projects
- CPPBDN5003A – Research compliance requirements for small-scale residential building design projects
- CPPBDN5005A – Research sustainability solutions for small-scale building design projects
- CPPBDN5006A – Consult and negotiate with clients to produce approved building design project briefs
- CPPBDN5011A – Produce client-approved and compliant working drawings for residential buildings, and
- CPCCSV5012A – Assess timber-framed designs for one and two-storey buildings
- successful completion of a course the commission considers is at least equivalent to the course above
- a recognition certificate as a building designer qualified to carry out the scope of work for the licence class
- a qualification or statement of attainment of required competency for the class of licence.
Two years experience in:
- the licence class scope of work, or
- other work the commission is satisfied is at least equivalent to experience in the scope of work for the class.
The relevant financial requirements in the board’s policies.
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through mutual recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance is required for this licence class.
Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required units of competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.
Recognition of prior learning
If you do not hold a formal technical qualification, you may be able to obtain it through recognition of prior learning (RPL) by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). The following RTOs may be able to provide RPL services for this licence class.
Servicing Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, Toowoomba, Maryborough, Rockhampton, Mackay, Townsville and Cairns