Completed Residential Building Inspection
Scope of work
- Inspection of a completed building, including an inspection and preparation of a report in accordance with Australian Standard 4349.1 2007 'Inspection of Buildings-Pre purchase property Inspections-Residential buildings'.
You need five years experience in the scope of work for:
- builder low rise, medium rise, or open licence, or
- building surveyor, assistant building surveyor, or building surveyor technician.
The relevant financial requirements in the minimum financial requirements policy.
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through mutual recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Professional Indemnity Insurance
Professional Indemnity Insurance is required for this licence class.
Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
- apprenticeship papers
- documentation showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- documentation showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency for the licence class.
Recognition of prior learning
If you do not hold a formal technical qualification, you may be able to obtain it through recognition of prior learning (RPL) by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). The following RTOs may be able to provide RPL services for this licence class.