Mechanical Services - Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration - occupational
How to lodge your application
Did you know you can lodge your application form online with myQBCC? If you’re an existing licensee user of myQBCC, applicable fees will be automatically calculated when you lodge online.
Alternatively, you can complete an application form and include all the supporting documents and correct application fee by completing the appropriate PDF form/s:
Scope of work
- Constructing, installing, replacing, repairing, altering, maintaining, testing or commissioning air-conditioning, air handling systems and refrigeration for a building.
There are no additional experience requirements for the occupational licence.
Any of the following courses:
- an apprenticeship in refrigeration and air conditioning
- Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade MEM30205
- Certificate III in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration UEE32211
- a course the QBCC considers as equivalent
- a recognition certificate as a qualified refrigeration and air conditioning mechanic
- a qualification or statement of attainment of required competency for the class of licence.
There are no managerial requirements for the occupational licence.
There are no financial requirements.
- Interstate Applicants – may be eligible to obtain a licence through Mutual Recognition
- Overseas Applicants – may have to have an overseas qualification assessed for equivalency prior to applying.
Recognition of prior learning
If you do not hold a formal technical qualification, you may be able to obtain it through recognition of prior learning (RPL) by a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). The following RTOs may be able to provide RPL services:
Mechanical Services – Air-Conditioning and Refrigeration
- TAFE Queensland (UEE51211, UEE32211, MEM30205)
- Australian Institute of Business Technology (UEE51211, UEE32211)
- Australian Skills Group (MEM30219, MEM30205)
- Blue Dog Training (MEM30205)
- Major Training Group (MEM30205)
- Partec Institute (MEM30219)
- Outsource Institute of Technology (MEM30205, UEE32211, MEM31319)
Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
Registered Training Organisations issue formal qualifications to people who successfully complete training. Please note that the RTO list is a guide only and subject to change. We strive to ensure that the information contained is accurate and up-to-date.
Other qualifications can be:
- documentation showing you successfully completed an apprenticeship
- a certificate showing you successfully completed the appropriate course for this licence class
- a certificate showing you successfully completed an equivalent course for this licence class (e.g. similar modules)
- recognition certificate
- a qualification of statement of attainment of the required competency issued by an approved authority for the licence class.