myQBCC - how to register for Find a Local Contractor
Find a Local Contractor
Find a Local Contractor is a free service we provide that helps property owners and other contractors connect with QBCC-licensed contractor in their area. Users can select the kind of work they want done and a maximum distance for the contractor to be located from their home or site. This captures all the relevant licensees registered in the directory within that distance and returns a list to the customer.
The search results include the contractor's:
- business and mobile phone numbers,
- business, website and email addresses
- business or trading name
- licence number (with a link to our free online licence search).
How to register
QBCC-licensed contractors need to have a myQBCC account to 'opt in' to 'Find a Local Contractor'. If you don't have a myQBCC account register now.
When you are logged into your account:
- From the menu, select ‘Licenses’ then ‘Manage my licenses’ from the menu drop-down
- Select the relevant license and click the ‘Action’ drop-down. From here, choose ‘Manage find a local contractor’
- Click the consent checkbox and select the ‘Register’ button.
If you have multiple licences, you will need to complete this action for each licence.