Who can apply

  • Property owners – if the work was carried out for you or was done before you purchased the property 
  • Body corporate representatives (for common property only) 
  • Agents acting on behalf of a property owner
  • An owner of the property directly next door to where construction work is being carried out (for consequential damage only)

Townhouse and unit owners

If the complaint relates to a unit or townhouse complex:

  • the individual unit owner/s must lodge the complaint for defects about their individual property
  • the body corporate representative must lodge the complaint about any common property.

Example: Plaster damage in ceiling as a result of a roof leak, the body corporate will lodge a complaint for the roof leak and the individual owners will lodge a complaint for the defects occurring inside the property which were caused by the roof leak.